2018 Show Season
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the 2018 season! Although we will no longer be offering a show series with points accumulated throughout a season, we may be hosting individual competitions in upcoming seasons. Check back here or on Facebook for details!
Edenview Equestrian Center is proud to present a top notch Jumper competition for our schooling show competitors. Our Jumper classes are designed to encourage both horses and riders to experience the excitement of a ‘real’ Jumper show in a less intimidating atmosphere. Whether you’re new to the world of Jumper or a seasoned veteran, you’re sure to enjoy the challenge presented by our large show ring and expertly designed courses. Presented in our dedicated Jumper ring, this is definitely the place to be in the Kawartha Lakes Region to experience the exciting sport of Show Jumping!
Jumper Medal Classes are an equitation based Jumper class judged over two rounds of competition. The over fences portion, worth 60% of the total score, is comprised of a single course containing more fences than a standard course pattern and includes tests such as halt, rein back, and counter canter. The second portion, worth 40%, is judged on the flat.
250 x 200 Jumper Competition Sand Ring
140 x 160 Jumper Warm - Up Sand Ring
Edenview Equestrian Center is proud to offer a wide variety of Hunter classes for the avid equestrian competitors in our area. Our Hunter classes will be presented in the Memorial Ring, that overlooks the farm with banked sides allowing visitors a great overview of the competition. Our Hunter ring offers competitors a full course of jumps complete with oxers, boxes, gates, and flowers making this ring the place to be for anyone wishing to experience the feel of a top venue in a comfortable, convenient location.
Introduced for 2015, the Sunday Hunter Derby is an excellent way to try the very popular class format in a less intimidating atmosphere. A Hunter Derby incorporates a unique blend of Hunter style fences, optional jumps, and Handy Hunter turns. This makes the Derby an exciting blend of the Hunter and Jumper disciplines that’s sure to get your blood pumping! Single round style, judged out of 120 points. Offered at 2’3”, 2’6”, 2’9”
150 x 250 Hunter Competition Sand Ring
100 x 200 Hunter Warm - Up Sand Ring
Rules & Regulations
Hunter & Jumper
Classes start at 8:30 am
- All entries for Beginner Division or 0.60m Division must be made by 8:30 am
- ASTM approved helmets must be worn at all times while mounted
- All riders must wear appropriate riding attire
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times
- Horses are not to be left unattended while tied to trailers
- Unmanageable/lame horses will be excused from the ring and/or show grounds
- Manes are to be braided or neatly pulled
- Age is taken as of January 1st of the current year
- Beginners are 12 years of age or younger and are also permitted to enter the Novice W/T/C and Open W/T Divisions
- Novice riders are 15 years of age or younger and are also permitted to enter all "Open" Divisions
- No flash or figure-8 nosebands allowed in the Hunter divisions
- Riders over 16+ years of age may not enter age restricted divisions "hors concours"
- Stallions must declare themselves and may be subject to restrictions
- Edenview Equestrian Center will not be held liable for any property damage while on the premises
- Standing martingales are only allowed in Hunter over fences classes
- Show runs rain or shine, indoor facility may be used in the event of extreme conditions
- Riders must compete in at least 3 of 4 shows to qualify for Season Championships
- Season End prizes will be awarded at the final show
- Season End points are based on horse/rider combinations
- Entries are accepted on show days
- Scratch/Add fee of $10.00 will be applied
- All barns are strictly off limits
- The JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL
Jumper Medal Classes
Phase I - Over Fences 60%
Phase II - Flat 40%
- Time allowed and jumping faults will be applied
- NO martingales of any kind will be used in Phase II
- Formal riding attire is encouraged but not mandatory
- Riders judged on equitation, seat, hand, guidance and clear round
- For More on Medal Classes and possible tests for both Phase I and Phase II visit the Canadian Pony Club or Equine Canada
Rider or horse falls on course
A second refusal occurs while on course
- Any equipment malfunction, horse or rider
- If a horse becomes unsound at any time on course
- Any deviation from set course
- If a rider is eliminated, the signal will sound, and the rider must immediately leave the ring at a walk.
Horses must enter the ring at a walk
Riders must salute the judge and wait for the starting signal
- Riders who have fallen must leave the ring before remounting
- Martingales are allowed
- Whips may be carried, but must not exceed 75 cm
- Ribbons will be presented to 5th place
The Show Committee and the Judge reserve the right to refuse entires, alter conditions, combine and/or cancel classes at their discretion.
Jumper Class $15.00
Jumper Medal Class $20.00
Hunter Division $50.00
Hunter Derby $20.00
X-Rail Schooling $10.00
Unjudged Schooling $10.00
First = 7 Points
Second = 5 Points
Third = 4 Points
Fourth = 3 Points
Fifth = 2 Points
Sixth = 1 Point
Our sponsors play an integral part in supporting both our show series as well as the larger local equestrian community that we work to serve. We would like to sincerely thank each and every one of our valued sponsors for their generous support and contributions, we honestly couldn't do it without you.
We ask that as a participant in our shows you consider patronizing our sponsors throughout the season.
Interested in sponsoring this year? Download the Sponsorship Package for more information!
Click on the logo to visit the website